Dry tattooing is the most precise and intense form of skin needling you can get. The treatment is carried out using a specialist tattoo machine, running dry i.e no pigment is used during the treatment
Scar & Stretch Mark Treatments in Manchester
Precise skin stimulation, wakening and re-healing
Dry tattooing micro needling essentially brings new life (blood) into damaged areas, and using a digital tattoo machine is a very quick way and precise way of making this happen
- No pigment is tattooed into your skin, the tattoo machine is running ‘dry’
- Numbing cream is used before and during treatment
- Treatments are surprisingly relaxing
- In depth initial consultation in person or over the phone
- RegimA aftercare products to aid healing and boost results
- Suitable for all skin types and colours, white, black and Asian
What type of scar does Dry Tattooing improve ?
- Stretch marks – Face lift – Tummy tuck – Acne scars – Burns
- Breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, FTM top, reconstructive)
- Other surgery, trauma and accident scars
What happens ?
- New tissue grows in the damaged skin
- Loose and sunken scars and stretch marks begin to fill and firm
- White, purple and red mis-coloured scars normalise
- Raised and bumpy scars smooth and flatten
- Gently break up tight, restricting and fibrous scar tissue
- Numb areas of burnt or scarred tissue can begin to have feeling
This cannot be a scar removal service, even surgery cannot promise this, however the look, feel and function of scarred tissue can be greatly improved
How does it compare to other forms of skin needling
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon can you dry tattoo scars/stretch marks ?
My scars/stretch marks are 10+ years old…
Dry tattooing improves scars and stretch marks no matter how old they are
Does it hurt ?
Effective numbing creams are used and re-applied during the session as required. Please remember, I also tattoo ladies faces with permanent makeup and my clients are surprised how relaxing these treatments can be
What areas can be treated ?
Most of the body can be treated
What scars cannot be treated ?
Active keloid scars. Keloid scars are raised and grow outside the boundary of the original wound. Not all raised scars are keloid, hypertrophic scars are also raised but stay within the boundary of the original wound. Active keloids are still growing, inactive keloids have not grown for more than a year and the centre of the scar has become a more normal skin colour. Dry tattooing inactive keloids can be carries out with caution
How long before I see any results ?
New collagen starts growing about 3 weeks after a treatment, and the continues to develop over the coming weeks and months
How many treatments and how long between ?
Three treatments are recommended, the second session 4 to 6 weeks after the first, the third 6 to 8 weeks later. After the three treatments I suggest waiting at least 4 to 6 months before deciding if any more treatments are needed
How long does the effect last ?
For scars, burns and stretch marks the results are permanent. The new smoother skin will not revert, however the natural ageing process will not be stopped. For wrinkles and loose skin, maintenance treatments should be considered
What will the area look like after a Dry Tattooing treatment?
After treatment the area will look very red, a bit cat scratched and some areas, such as stretch marks, will have some swelling. This lasts a few days and the skin then goes through a more natural and gentle healing process